On Monday, May 23, our partners at iFactory returned to EVMS to present their findings and recommendations from the initial phase of the project – the discovery process. As always, you don’t know what you don’t know, and we learned many things while interviewing, surveying and conducting focus groups over the last two months.
Their recommendations include:
- Simplifying the home page design and message so that different audiences can find information tailored to them more easily
- Landing pages with clear descriptions for each of the three brand pillars – teaching, discovering and caring
- Conducting usability testing on the existing site, to establish baseline data for task completion performance
- Providing detailed mapping of user paths for high frequency tasks that have significant impact on the productivity of the largest number of internal audience members
- Clear visual cues including icons and short abstracts
- Clear information on the nature of EVMS’s various affiliations, particularly with hospitals
- Establish cross-functional and cross-departmental governance committee to oversee website development
If you have questions or comments, please leave a comment here on the blog or email Kim Lewandowski.