What information do we collect?
EVMS collects name, email, phone, and story (including any video you may provide) information that you provide for a “My Story Submission”. In addition we may collect information provided through social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google or Disqus when you log in to comment. This Site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen on the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
How do we use the information we collect?
The information EVMS collects will be used on the Site to share your story or comments and may also be used to contact you about your story and/or comments. In addition, your information may be used for the following purposes:
With whom will we share the information we collect?
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our services
- To send you marketing information about EVMS programs or services, or to send you other EVMS information that we think you may find interesting
- To contact you for market research purposes
We will never sell your information, but may share your information with any or all of the following:
Cookies and similar technologies.
- The EVMS Foundation for purposes of fundraising on behalf of EVMS
- EVMS Health Services for purposes of following up on a patient care complaint or to improve our patient care services to you
- Service providers that provide web related services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We may utilize certain technologies, including cookies, to collect aggregate and non-personal information about your visit to the Site. This information helps us analyze data about Site traffic and helps us to improve our Site. This information cannot be used to identify you as an individual and will only be used for statistical analysis purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your information, we utilize various physical, electronic and administrative procedures that safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site.
Links to other websites.
Links to other websites may be provided for your convenience and information. These websites may have their own privacy statements in place. EVMS is not responsible for the content of linked website or your use of such websites.