The EVMS Library has recently added two new databases to their collection. ClinicalKey is by Elsevier, the producers of the MDConsult database. MDConsult is being phased out this coming year and will be replaced by ClinicalKey. The EVMS Library’s subscription to ClinicalKey is on a one year trial basis.
Keep reading for more information about ClinicalKey and VisualDx.
ClinicalKey is a clinical resource designed to provide physicians with fast, clinically-relevant answers from Elsevier’s library of proprietary medical and surgical content.
ClinicalKey serves the information needs of medical and surgical specialties by bringing together content from Elsevier and trusted third parties including over 1,000 books, 500 journals, thousands of videos, and millions of images. ClinicalKey also gives physicians access to point-of-care content from First Consult. ClinicalKey is updated on a continuous basis.
- ALL Elsevier medical and surgical journals (over 500)
- Selected third-party journals and content sources
- 3rd party content includes PubMed/ Medline and ClinicalTrials.gov
- ALL Elsevier medical and surgical reference books (over 1000)
- ALL medical and surgical clinics of North America
- ALL First Consult point-of-care clinical monographs
- ALL Procedures Consult content and associated videos
- ALL Clinical Pharmacology drug monographs from Gold Standard
- ALL Elsevier medical and surgical videos (over 13,000+)
- Millions of medical and surgical images
- Over 2,000 Practice Guidelines
- Elsevier and third-party published patient education handouts in both English and Spanish, where available.
VisualDx is a diagnostic clinical decision support system that leverages the innate human ability to recognize visual patterns to assist healthcare providers in making faster, more accurate diagnoses. VisualDx combines high-quality, peer-reviewed medical images and concise, actionable information to support today’s busy physicians in the accurate recognition and management of disease. Health care professionals can input visual clues, symptoms, and patient history to help make the correct diagnosis and avoid costly and dangerous errors at the point of care.
VisualDx speeds up recognition and diagnosis of medication-induced conditions and provides adverse events decision support for hospitals and medical centers. The VisualDX database covers over 100 medication reactions, all linked to PubMed (MEDLINE) evidence. Users can search by medication and see images of drug reactions, along with literature evidence documenting each association, and access management and therapy guidelines.
VisualDx integrates with UpToDate, so you may notice additional content within UpToDate marked with this icon . There is also a mobile version for Apple and Android devices that you can freely download
VisualDx “Quick Stats”
- 31 Clinical Scenarios
- 1,281 unique diagnoses
- 26,633 unique, medical images
- 2,633 unique findings
- 39,356 finding-diagnosis relationships
- 5,277 medication-diagnosis relationships
- 200+ common diseases with Patient Handouts