The Medical Letter, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of previously approved drugs. The editorial process relies on a consensus of experts to evaluate the drug facts in order to help prescribers choose the most effective drug treatment.
Included in the Medical Letter subscription is the following:
- The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics – Searchable database with data from 1988 through the present. Updated biweekly.
- Treatment Guidelines from The Medical Letter – Searchable database with data from the first issue September, 2002 though the present. Updated monthly.
- Adverse Drug Interactions Program – An evidence-based, proprietary database of adverse drug interactions. Searches for interactions between 2 and up to 12 drugs; also includes management recommendations and references are hyperlinked to the original literature. Updated regularly.
- Handbook of Antimicrobial Therapy – This electronic handbook contain articles that list the drugs of choice, as well as possible alternatives, for treatment of frequently encountered illnesses, such as arthritis, asthma and hypertension, and infectious diseases. Much of the information is presented in easy-to-read charts and tables.
- CME/CE (online) up to 50 credits per year, per user included with this license. Frequently asked questions for The Medical Letter’s Online CME/CE: http://secure.medicalletter.org/cme/cmefaqs
- Mobile access: The Medical Letter app is available to download from Apple’s App Store, Google Play, and Amazon’s App Store for Android. Registration required.
Please click here to receive the advance electronic release on a regular basis: http://www.medicalletter.tmdmarketer.com/register?site=188583
Natural Standard provides high quality, evidence-based information on dietary supplements (including herbs, vitamins, and minerals), functional foods, diets, complementary practices (modalities), exercises, and medical conditions. The evidence for each therapy is graded as follows:
The following databases are included in Natural Standard:
- Food, Herbs & Supplements
- Health & Wellness
- Sports Medicine
- Comparative Effectiveness
- Medical Conditions
- Commercial Products
Checkers & Tools include…
- Interaction Checker
- Nutrient Depletion
- Effectiveness Checker
- Pregnancy & Lactation Checker
An abridged version of the database is available as a mobile app.
CME credit is also available for Natural Standard.